Thông tin tuyên truyền

title Phổ biến pháp luật

Tuyên truyền về việc chuyển thông tin về thủ tục đăng ký kết hôn từ tiếng Việt sang tiếng Anh
Thứ ba, 06/09/2022, 10:09 SA
Cỡ chữ Màu chữ image

Để thuận tiện cho người nước ngoài cư trú tại Quận 7 đăng ký kết hôn, Phòng Tư pháp Quận 7 đã phối hợp với Cộng tác viên dịch thuật của Phòng để thực hiện chuyển thông tin về thủ tục đăng ký kết hôn từ tiếng Việt sang tiếng Anh.

Nay thông tin đến người dân đặc biệt là người nước ngoài có nhu cầu chuẩn bị đăng ký kết hôn được biết.


Procedure: Marriage registration with foreign element (Code: QT-03/HT)


Conditions for carrying out administrative procedure


- Male from full 20 years old, female from full 18 years old ;

- Marriage is voluntarily decided by both the male and the female;

- The parties do not lose their civil act capacity;

- The marriage is not from the cases of marriage’s prohibition as prescribed at Paragraphs a, b, c, d, Clause 2, Article 5 of the Law on Marriage and Family includes:

+ Fake marriage, fake divorce;

+ Child marriage, forced marriage, cheated marriage, obstructed marriage;

+ A married person who gets married or lives together as husband and wife with another person or is unmarried but marries or lives as husband and wife with a married person;

+ Marrying or living together as husband and wife between people of the same direct bloodline, among people with surnames within three generations, between an adoptive parent and an adopted child, between a person who was once an adoptive parent with an adopted child, a father-in-law with a daughter-in-law, a mother-in-law with a son-in-law, a stepfather with a step-child of his wife, a stepmother with a step-son of her husband.

* The marriage between people of same sex is not acknowledged.

- The document issued, notarized or certified by a competent authority of a foreign country for use in civil status registration in Vietnam must be legalized by a consular authority, except for the cases exempted under international treaties to which Vietnam is a member. The document in foreign language must be translated into Vietnamese and notarized or authenticated for the translator's signature as prescribed by law.


Documents including




* Required documents:

+ Declaration of marriage registration in accordance with the prescribed form (both the male and the female can declare together in one declaration);

+ A certificate from a competent Vietnamese or foreign medical organization certifying that the parties do not have a mental illness or other disease without ability to perceive and control their own behavior;

+ Certificate of marital status of Vietnamese citizen residing domesticaly.

* For the foreigner, Vietnamese citizen residing abroad must additionally submit:

- The document proving the marital status of a foreigner is the document issued by a foreign competent authority that is still valid for use, certifying that that person is currently unmarried. In case the foreign country does not issue a certificate of marital status, it shall be replaced with a document issued by a foreign competent authority certifying that the person is eligible for marriage under the laws of that country. The value of using such the document proving the foreigner’s marital status is determined in accordance with the time limit stated in the document. If the document proving the foreigner’s marital status does not specify any use duration, this document and the certification of the medical organization as prescribed are only valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

- Copy of passport or valid document in lieu of passport/international travel document or residence card.


* In addition to the above documents, depending on the case, the male and female must submit or present the following documents:

- In case the marrying party is a Vietnamese citizen who has divorced or annulled the marriage at a foreign competent authority, a copy of the civil status extract about the divorce or illegal annulment of marriage (divorce note extract) recorded in the register must be submitted;

- In case of a civil servant, public employee or person serving in the armed forces, he/she must submit a document from his/her management agency certifying that his/her marriage to a foreigner is not contrary to its regulations;

- In case the marriage registration requester is working, studying or working abroad for a definite term, he/she must submit a certificate of marital status issued by a diplomatic mission or consular mission of Vietnam.













































































* Presented documents:

+ Identity paper (including: passport, ID card, citizen identity card or other paper with photos and personal information issued by competent authorities, still valid);

+ Document proving the residence of the person registering the marriage.







Quantity of document sets

01 set


Processing time

15 days


Place to receive application and return result


Counter for receiving application and returning result of the District’s People’s Committee



VND 1,000,000/case


Fee exemption for children, people from poor households, the elderly, people with disabilities, members of the family with meritorious service to Revolution;

Nguồn: Ban biên tập

Số lượng lượt xem: 46